Position - Software Engineer/Developer
Location - Manchester
Salary - Negotiable depending on skills/experience
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled software engineer to join a leading global supplier of industrial equipment. You will report directly to the PC Software Team Lead and will be responsible for working predominantly on green-field development projects, as the company aims to deliver its next generation products. The role will involve desktop and embedded software development.
- The role requires strong people skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger multi-disciplined team.
- Collaboration with the wider business (sales, marketing, product management, etc.) will be required in order to elicit requirements, and deliver solutions as part of new product/platform development.
- Develop/Interpret written/verbal business requirements and technical specification documents and seek clarification as and where necessary.
- Perform software development to written technical specifications working within the company's quality processes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates & techniques.
- Maintain watching brief on development of new technologies, techniques and methodologies.
- Identification and correction of reported defects in collaboration with the Test Team.
- Travel as individual projects necessitate (minimal).
- The successful candidate will have good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate skillful application of the following core competencies:
- High motivation - takes responsibility for achieving results, overcomes obstacles and adapts approach
- Effective in analysing situations, solving problems and clarifying/summarising key issues
- Strong interest in new technology - makes appropriate use of tools and technologies to deliver optimal business solutions.
- Good awareness of the modern technology landscape
- Partnership and teamwork - actively engages and respects the diverse contributions of team, partners or networks.
- Able to work in teams of various sizes as well as individually on occasion.
- Self-starter - good interpersonal and communication skills, proactive with good prioritisation and work management skills.
- Comfortable presenting their ideas to peers and management.
- Flexible attitude - willingness to be flexible to ensure delivery in demanding timescales.
- Rigorous attention to detail and a 'can-do' attitude with an ability and willingness to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in a computing, physics or other relevant engineering related degree. (Significant industry experience considered in exceptional cases).
To apply to this Software Engineer/Developer vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant