£39271 - £50000.00 per annum + Benefits
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Engineer / Senior Engineer - Core Engine Software Development
Salary: £39,271 - £50,000 (depending on depth of experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, 10-12 % bonus (Depending on Experience) Contributory share scheme
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Relocation: May be supported
Sponsorship:: Not supported with this role
A Software Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The successful applicant for this position will join the European Engine Controls team, which is responsible for engine control system development for all small and medium engine programmes and will be involved in the design and development of embedded software used to control a range of engines.
This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting edge engine control system technology, with a diverse range of applications ranging from small construction machinery to agriculture and generator sets.
- Develop requirements for engine control software for small and medium diesel engines (C1.7 to C7.1)
- Design and develop embedded C code to meet engine control requirements, using industry standard methodologies.
- Integrate developed software together with other library code and model-based autocode, to create overall executable software which delivers the controls functions defined in the system requirements.
- Support the Engine Software Lead Engineer to undertake all software activities associated with a planned software release - integrating and building engine control software to support all in-scope engine variants.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background (good technical degree preferred in software engineering, computer science, mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Experience of creating embedded C code for realtime control systems.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and objectives and translate these into functional and efficient software.
- Knowledge of software FMEA and validation plan creation.
- Prior experience in control software development, gained in engine or powertrain control or an associated environment
- Experience of software development within an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of software version control systems, ideally GiT or Clearcase.
Please contact James Tilley for details.