almost 2 years ago
Title: Software Engineer - Connected & Autonomous Vehicles (CAV)
Salary Range: Competitive
Contract Position based at: Nuneaton
Our client has created a new team to lead a targeted response to the emergence of connected and autonomous vehicles (CAVs). Developments have now reached a stage where there are opportunities for software engineers to join the team.
The engineers will support the full development cycle of autonomous vehicles through the innovative application of cutting-edge technologies in the areas of perception, artificial intelligence, motion control and simulation.
- Developing software using a variety of languages, tools and targets.
- Contributing to the full lifecycle of projects for autonomous vehicles.
- Working closely with members of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver highly complex projects.
- Supporting trials of autonomous vehicles on the HORIBA MIRA proving ground and other test sites.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in this fast-changing field to ensure that we always deploy the best solution.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
- Proficient in at least one relevant software language.
- Experience of solving real problems using well architected software solutions.
- The ideal candidate for this role will be a technologist who can bring to the table innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Qualities that we will look for in a successful candidate will include:
- A keen interest in autonomous vehicles, robotics or mechatronics.
- Good technical problem solving and algorithm development skills.
- Demonstration of creative thinking and openness to new ideas.
- Understanding of CAV technologies and/or electronics and controls.
Degree in relevant Science or engineering discipline
If you are interested in this role apply now, or send your CV