Software Engineer – Click & Collect
c. £35,000 starting salary
Excellent employee benefits in an autonomous and friendly working environment
The opportunity / Major project
Due to an ongoing commitment to improve the lives of consumers the world over; a rare and unique opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Software Engineer to join a newly formed team in the ‘start-up’ stage of its development.
You will play a part in the development and roll-out of a brand new Click & Collect business, partnering with key internal and external partners to develop and execute a new business strategy on behalf of household global supermarket chains.
The Click & Collect business is progressing from a Start-up to full commercialisation. We will be implementing Click & Collect lockers where consumers will be able to collect their shopping at places other than supermarkets; safe in the knowledge that their frozen, perishable or liquid purchases will all be available, fresh and easy to access at a time and location to convenient to them.
This remit requires a dutiful and hardworking Software Engineer with strong coding skills and a diverse arrange of technologies as well as an interest in project management and a desire to contribute to building a solution that will be a genuine game-changer for the retail consumer market in the future.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- You will plan, develop and implement projects as an individual contributor or as a member of a cross-functional team
- Design and evaluate software components
- Develop and execute testing for new software enhancements that assures correct functionality
- Actively participate in integration and regression testing
- BSc in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Development environments: Eclipse IDE, NetBeans or IntelliJ
- Protocols: Ethernet, TCP Sockets, JSON, REST API, HTML, HTTP
- Enterprise level multi-user application development in the cloud or on premise
- Databases: MySQL, SQL-Server, SQL queries, JPA
- Java language programming skills
- Embedded Linux shell command language (BASH, CSH)
- SVN source control and Issue tracking
- Previous experience in software engineering in a professional working environment
- Logical, deductive reasoning and attentive to details
- Creativity, adaptability, flexibility, problem solving skills, sense of urgency, listening skills, and organisation
- Good, clear verbal/written communication skills are essential.
- £35,000/year starting salary
- Monday – Friday (37 hours per week)
- Based in Smethwick, Birmingham
- 34 days holiday (inc 8 Bank Holidays)
- Private health care
- Employee benefits package
- Opportunity to be a key player in innovative project launches into the consumer retail sector
- Flexible and autonomous working approach as part of a small team in a progressive yet friendly atmosphere
- A wide range of career development opportunities across a diverse global group of companies
With over 200 years of rich heritage, this specialist company has always been associated with trust and honesty. Over the years, they have proven they understand the changing nature of markets and customer needs in line with the ever-changing world around us. In doing so, we have built a reputation for constantly evolving to deliver exactly what the customer wants with visionary performance been one of industry firsts, technical advances and design triumphs.
Today, this is an international business with an excellent world-wide reputation. A trusted brand name associated with making a wide range of quality, innovative products with a continually changing focus.
If this is of interest to you
Please ‘apply’ now or for more information contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.