Junior Software Engineer
A fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the electronics and test industry. My client is looking for a Software Engineer to complement a team who will be able to implement solutions to our customer’s needs using their core software / hardware products.
The role of Software Engineer will include the following:
- The role will involve all phases of a project life cycle from estimation and requirements support, through to specification, design and validation to documentation, signoff, training and support.
- Software design and development with the following languages VB.Net / C# / VB, PHP, C / C++ and T-SQL.
- Development, configuration and the creation of deployable packages under Windows environments and ARM/PIC embedded platforms.
- Using and understanding the following communications technologies: TCP/IP, HTTP, JSON, OPC, RS-232, USB, CAN, I2C, SPI, MS-SQL.
The suitable candidate for Software Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- C/C++ Experience in PIC or ARM environments and the development of embedded control systems.
- Systems analysis and design, being able to create or update good quality specifications and documents
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise, as well as self-discipline, motivation, and quick thinking
- MS SQL Server Schema Design, TSQL development, DB management and admin
- Board knowledge of PHP / IIS web server development and configuration
- Interfacing with factory systems (ERP / Build Control / MES solutions or SCADA / PLCs)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of software design and embedded platforms and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Software Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.