- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: contract
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 31 May 2022
- Job Ref: 61045
Title: Software Engineer - 37772
Division: Engineering Operations
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £43.46/hr Ltd (PAYE option also available)
This role supports the Product Engineering function and sits within Engineering Resource Planning. The main purpose of this role is to be the Software Engineer responsible for delivering web based database systems to support with Engineering's Resource Planning models and data inventory, including the automation of existing work completed offline.
Application / systems users will vary - from small teams to hundreds of users. Current technologies used are ASP.Net MVC C#, MS SQL Server, Dapper, React, JQuery, HTML 5, CSS. This role will support the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of the resource planning model development along with supporting colleagues in conflict and issue resolution within the Centre of Competence and across functions.
- Proven technical knowledge related to the system being delivered MVC C# development experience MS SQL Server experience, including stored procedures, triggers, functions, optimisation Web front end experience HTML 5, CSS, Jquery, React, Bootstrap
- Communication - Must be able to engage within the cross functional teams and have proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate complex ideas at all levels in the business.
- Customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable
- Candidates must have experience of delivering web based applications and be able to understand and work with colleagues to deliver a best in class application with a passion for continuous technical improvement.
- They must have experience of developing technical requirements, specifications and associated test plans along with planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting.
- Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Individuals should have the ability to work independently, have a results driven approach and demonstrate tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Must be able to manage and develop status reporting, providing a coherent status for senior management.
- Individuals must have the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning.
- Must have resilience and enthusiasm and the ability to respond constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- Experience of working in an Agile Methology, Source control, either TFS or GIT, and some CI experience preferably Jenkins.
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.