Title: Software Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £30.06/hr (Ltd Co)
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
This position is to support new software feature integration into vehicle-lines and re-application of existing features. The candidate will work within a team of Software Engineers on a range of new and exciting features that will be integrated into product lines over the coming years employing Machine Learning algorithms developed by the research department.
Primary responsibility is model based software development and test by working with Software Modelling Lead Engineer and System Engineers in the team to provide seamless integration of Mathworks derived application software to the host ECU.
- Support colleagues in conflict and issue resolution within the Centre of Competence and across functions
- Work towards the Centre of Competence performance and facilitate or escalate cross module / cross Centre of Competence problem resolution on all programme aspects of content delivery, including virtual build, physical build and launch support
- Manage and develop external communications and status reporting, providing a coherent status for senior management
- Support colleagues by interfacing between Product Strategy, Advanced Product Creation and Marketing to ensure the programme delivers the expected product actions in a robust manner
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
3 Key Skills:
- Developing in-house application software solutions from engineering requirements using Mathworks toolchain (Simulink, Stateflow and m-code); Support Software Modelling Lead Engineer in software architecture development and planning
- Development of test plans and reporting against progress; Conduct and support model in the loop and component hardware (ECU) in the loop testing by automated regression testing and generating test reports; Issue identification, investigation and resolution including leading discussions with stake holders (system engineers and lead software engineer)
- Experience in developing software dependant features/systems using Mathworks suite of tools; Experience of model in loop and hardware in the loop testing; Software problem investigation and resolution by discussing and agreeing containment and corrective actions with stakeholders; Proven technical knowledge related to model based development in automotive, aerospace or similar domain
- Responsibility for development, validation and delivery of Software being developed to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost
- Support the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required
- Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events
- Experience of the automotive, aerospace or similar domain
- Development of SW compliant to software standard, machine learning or artificial intelligence concepts, Embedded system/software experience, SW version control, Python scripting
If you are interested in the opportunity apply now.