Software Engineer - Melksham
We have an exciting opportunity a Software Engineer to work on Innovation projects for a world leading Systems supplier for the design, development and manufacture to the rail industry for Braking and Platform Screen Door Systems based in Melksham.
The Software Engineer will produce embedded software through requirements management, coding and development testing. The successful candidate will work on software that produces diagnostic and prognostic functionality to the Group's products.
The Software Engineer will do or be involved with:
- Specification and analysis of requirements
- Design, development and documentation of prototype unit software
- Collaborate with 3rd party resources to deliver prototypes
- Transfer of prototype concept to Development Departments for formal product development
- Project and test data documentation
- Identify and write patent applications
- Investigate new technology and processes
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Relevant degree in Engineering.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in embedded software using C language
- Experience with multi-core microcontrollers
- Experience with CAN, Ethernet RS232 SPI and 12C an advantage
- Knowledge of wireless communication technology an advantage, e.g. 802.11 and 802.5
- Experience in either the rail, Aerospace, Automotive or other highly regulated industry.
- Knowledge of mechatronic principles and practice
- Salary - £35,000 to £49,000 - dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on 01384446192