about 1 month ago
Jonahtan Lee Recruitment are currently looking for a Software Engineer for a Worldwide company who manufacture payment systems and IoT applications, based in Manchester. The role entails:-
The main function of the role is to write Windows application software for the test and configuration of a wide range of electronics products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The ability to write and debug software applications
- Control and test external hardware devices
- 1 st and 2 nd line production support to resolve 'line-stoppers' within a manufacturing environment.
- Software validation testing to demonstrate that requirements meet specifications
- Complete all relevant documentation to the required standards.
- Provide training for software users
- Accurate assessment of project timescales for software completion to specification
- The ability to highlight software risks early on in a project.
- To contribute to the project team in a concise, informed and professional manner.
- To provide creative input on all aspects of software design.
- To maintain version records for tracking software changes on each product.
- Support of off-site test equipment.
- HNC / Diploma / Degree qualified in science / engineering
- Experience with VB.Net and C# within Microsoft Visual Studio or equivalent SW language experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows XP / 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Highly motivated with an ability to work alone or as part of a team
- 2 years + in software development ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Technical Skills :
- Microsoft VB6, C, vb.net, C#
- Communication protocols such as RS232 and USB
- XML / XSLT
- Experience of embedded firmware programming in C, especially on ARM Cortex microcontrollers.
- Database knowledge (SQL)
- Understanding of electronics and mechanical interaction with software
- Creative and innovative approach to design.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop relationship with customers and colleagues.
- Maintain good personal presentation and communication.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and networking protocols / systems
- Good project planning skills are desirable
- Valid passport - Foreign travel will be required to support test engineering activities
Suitably qualified and experienced Software Engineers should apply by contacting Paul Coates at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0) 07947 342 592 or by emailing their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.