Salary will be matched to experience level
Software Development Engineer
This role DOES NOT provide sponsorship for visas
A Software Development Engineer is required to work in partnership with other members of the development team on specification, development and updating of products, focussing primarily on the necessary software components.
Due to increased workloads, this global provider of automated scientific solutions requires a proactive Software Development Engineer to be a committed, proactive and positive member of the development team, contributing to the overall development and operation of the company.
As the Software Development Engineer, you will be required to:
- Work with members of the Development Team in the development of novel instruments and technologies.
- Work within the Agile Software Development Team on the specification and development of necessary software components
- Liaise with engineers and scientists in the generation of specifications
- Use appropriate development systems to generate code for inclusion in high level instrument control applications or as part of embedded control systems
- Work with other engineers on the assembly and integration of prototypes
- Assume shared ownership of legacy designs, extending, repairing and refactoring as necessary
- Contribute to the development of training courses as required.
- Potentially travelling and working in the UK, Europe, USA, China and other regions as needed to fulfil the job role and achieve the Company's objectives.
The Software Development Engineer should have the following skills and experience:
- A degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics).
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in computer programming in a modern RAD based high-level language.
- An understanding of computer hardware and networking
- Experience of working on distributed network applications - specifically using gRPC.
- Current European Driving Licence
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience of using the Delphi and/ or C# Programming Languages
- Experience in using MS SQL or other DBMS
- Cross discipline experience in the other key roles of the development team (e.g. Electronics, Machining skills, modern high-level computer languages)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as the Software Development Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Software Development Engineer, please contact Timothy Parkes at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on email@example.com or call on 01384 446145
Due to the demand for this opening, our client will be shortlisting by the COP W/C 11/01/21 so apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.