£Comp + Bens
11 months ago
Software Development Engineer – Ealing
Focused on the design, manufacture and supply of technically advanced research equipment for the pharma, chemical and research industries based near Elstree, this new role of Software Development Engineer will be responsible for working in partnership with other members of the development team on specification, development and updating of our Clients’ products, focussing primarily (but not entirely) on the necessary software components.
The position will report to the Product Development Director. Success of the position will be measured by the financial performance of the business, coupled with KPI’s.
Key Duties: (Software)
- Working with members of the Development Team in the development of novel instruments and technologies.
- Work within the Agile Software Development Team on the specification and development of necessary software components
- Liaise with engineers and scientists in the generation of specifications
- Use appropriate development systems to generate code for inclusion in high level instrument control applications or as part of embedded control systems
- Work with other engineers on the assembly and integration of prototypes
- Liaise with customers and members of the wider team in the identification of problems, determining their origins and implementing fixes
- Assume shared ownership of legacy designs, extending, repairing and refactoring as necessary
- To solve issues and challenges arising during the day to day activities and ensuring a smooth, fast and permanent fix.
- To actively contribute to behaviours and mindsets so that our Client delivers best in class customer products.
- Provide back up to other departments/ groups as necessary.
- Be a committed, proactive and positive member of the development team, contributing to the overall development and operation of the company.
- Contribute to the development of training courses as required.
- Potentially travelling and working in the UK, Europe, USA, China and other regions as needed to fulfil the job role and achieve the Company’s objectives.
- Other duties as required
If you feel you can bring the range of experience and expertise to support this role, having various software development exposure, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com)
This is a permanent position.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.