Software Developer – Stevenage Area – Attractive – Permanent
A Software Developer is required within a leading Telecommunications and Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The Software Developer will be involved in Production and maintenance of software components, developing software used by engineers to analyse and plan satellite radio communications. The Software Developer will be involved with development tasks that are similarly varied, ranging from algorithmic development in back-end components to user interface development using web technologies. The Software Developer will be involved with projects and working with cutting-edge satellite communications technologies and perform research and development into how software can best support management and operation of them.
Responsibilities for the Software Developer
- Perform architectural and detailed design, coding and test of software components in Java.
- As part of a small team, to undertake development of different types of software and test.
- To produce work efficiently and of high-quality according to development and programme plans.
- To provide task estimates and progress information to team leaders and the project manager.
- Support satellite communications hub and terminal network monitoring and configuration.
- This is likely to involve database and GUI technology.
- Apply principles of Service Oriented Architecture and DevOps.
- Contribute more widely within the system/ product development lifecycle.
- Support requirements engineering, prototyping, integration and test.
Requirements for the Software Developer
- A good Honours degree (2:1) in a relevant subject (Maths, Computer Science or Engineering).
- A strong interest within Software Development.
- Ability to perform design and development of software.
- Ability to demonstrate software which has been written for private interest/industry is an advantage.
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle is an advantage.
- Ability to program in Python and develop test scripts.
- Knowledge of requirements engineering through to test is an advantage.
- Interest in adapting to different software types is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Application level Java.
- Understanding of satellite communications systems and terminals
- Understanding of object-oriented principles and communicate them through documentation.
- Ability to program in Java, or in another OO language with desire to ‘convert’ to Java.
- Understanding of software engineering principles and software engineering methods.
- An understanding of configuration control and the difference between good and bad software.
- Experience of development in an ‘Agile’ Environment using Continuous Development.
- Understanding of computer architectures and operating systems.
- Experience of GUI monitoring tools and real-time databases
- Understanding of IP networking and network protocols
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Software Developer then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446102 or email suitable MS Word Format CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.