Software Controls Engineer - Automotive Battery Systems - Nuneaton - Salary - Competitive £
Our client are recruiting for an experienced software controls engineer to support and develop
advanced BMS and EV control systems.
General duties will include software modelling of battery management systems utilising Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow Supporting the generation of system and software level requirements.
Making significant contributions to the business strategy in relation to future battery trends.
- Advanced Matlab/ Simulink/Stateflow skills for development of control strategies and plant models.
- State of the art technology awareness - where the market is heading and how this can be fed into the business strategy.
- Li-ion cell domain knowledge:
- Electrical concepts
- Future cell trends
- Battery and cell testing practice/ experiment design
- Solid report writing skills
- Working with requirements and contributing to capture at system and software level MIL, SIL and HIL validation methods
- Automotive functional safety (ISO26262)
- Proficiency in C programming
- Data processing and manipulation/extraction of large files through Matlab
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to convey technical content to team members with differing technical ability
- Be a confident engineer with an ability to understand the needs of the customer and to work independently as required
- Have well-developed analytical skills - rigorous but pragmatic
- Be willing to travel and work flexibly: The job is likely to involve periods of 1 week at a time spent overseas approximately 2 or 3 times per year. The job may also involve extended placements at customer facilities within the UK
- Have a full UK driving license
Degree qualified or similar qualification
If you are interested in this exciting contract in an industry-leading and purpose-built facility, then please apply now.