3 months ago
A Software Controls Engineer is required to join a specialist defence contractor with a strong reputation in the marine and naval sector. The successful candidates will be joining to assist in the development of control systems on a defence upgrade project to a major marine defence platform management system.
Responsibilities of the Software Controls Engineer will include the following:
- Developing software for an existing platform using a variety of control software including FactoryTalk View, SCADA and Control Logix PLC code.
- Migration from old to new operating systems.
- Production of detailed technical data and reports.
- Travel to customer sites when required.
The Software Controls Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Demonstrable software development / architecture experience working on HCI Control Systems.
- A good appreciation of PLC based hardware.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience of a variety of different PLC programming solutions.
- For this position you must currently hold or be eligible for UK SC level clearance.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good knowledge of controls software to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Greater London based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Non-standard pension scheme.
- BUPA Medical Insurance
- Subsidised lunches
- Buy and sell holiday
- Relocation packages are available.
Interviews for the Software Controls Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Software Controls Engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.