A Software Controls Engineer is required to join an established and growing company with a strong reputation in the coatings and treatments sector. The successful candidate will be joining to assist in the development of PLC control systems for machines and machinery accessories to the highest standards, transitioning new developments in to manufacturing teams and on to customer sites.
Responsibilities of the Software Controls Engineer will include the following:
- Works in conjunction with mechanical, electrical and automation engineering, and colleagues in Research & Development in the development of current machines and the design of new machines with particular focus on all aspects of software including development and maintenance.
- Project manages with hands-on ownership of all aspects of software developments, from detailed design through to final validation
- Ensure all prototypes are programmed to the correct/desired standard and are validated for use.
The Software Controls Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Demonstrable software development / architecture experience working on industrial machinery.
- PLC / PAC programming capabilities; Omron, Opto 22, Mitsubishi and Siemens desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience of a variety of different PLC programming solutions.
Interviews for the Software Controls Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Software Controls Engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.