£23 per hour
about 1 month ago
Title: Software Application and Functional Integration Engineer
Contract Position based at: Dunton
Working in the Electrical Engineering department on current and future models of the Transit vehicle lines - market leaders in the UK for over 25 years.
The FI and Software Application team has responsibility for integrating the large number of electronic modules on the vehicles` communication buses. In the early program phases, the compatibility of the modules, and the vehicle functions controlled by them, needs to be ensured via specification reviews.
The job will then evolve to managing vehicle level functional testing, issue diagnosis, deliveries of corrective software, vehicle sign-off and launch in the manufacturing plants around the globe.
Specific tasks include:
- Define required software functional growth plans and review and agree these with the various module engineers and suppliers.
- Track functional specification development and approval / release with functional/module engineers and suppliers.
- Review of logical schematics and conduct System and Functional Compatibility Design reviews.
- Perform vehicle system level verification and validation and provide system level sign off on prototype electrical test boards and vehicles.
- Cascade of component, subsystem, and functional issues identified during system verification/validation.
- Drive issues to closure to meet all program deadlines.
- Provide Electrical System Engineering support to vehicle launch teams in the global Transit manufacturing plants to address any plant related issues, e.g. End-of-Line test failures.
- Demonstrated excellent Project Management / Co-ordination skills.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Knowledge of Software development, control and tracking processes
- Experience of CAN tools including CANalyser, CANoe, and/or CANDB++
- Experience of software flash/updating processes
- Experience of Electrical Network Systems
- Experience of Vehicle Electrical Network Systems
- Experience of Product Development processes including GPDS.
- Experience of engineering processes and tools e.g. eFDVS, FTEP, FMEA, 8D, FMEA, FIP.
- Demonstrated experience in automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems.
HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering Degree preferred.
** THS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35**#
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.