Job Title: Soft Services Manager (FM)
Contract length: Minimum 6 months
An excuiting opportunity for a Soft Services Manager in London has become available for a global science and chemicals company and a leader in sustainable technologies. This is on a minimum 6 month contract with a flexible day rate.
To manage the efficient running of Johnson Matthey's City Office in accordance with business requirements, relevant Health & Safety and security policies. To provide a safe, high quality and aesthetic environment for staff, visitors and contractors.
To provide an efficient administrative service to staff, for office moves and space planning, purchasing, telecoms, functions/events and special projects as required.
1. Site Management
- Manage the appropriate provision of services (including office and building maintenance, security, cleaning, purchasing, telecommunications, post and deliveries, archiving, printing and copying)
- Co-ordinate with the external maintenance company to ensure that the upkeep of the building is maintained. Ensure that planned preventative maintenance programme, set up and provided to JM by the supplier, is in place and records kept up to date in order to comply with current legislation.
- Manage the relationship between the landlord and tenant.
- Manage the activities of facility related contractors and service providers
- Manage the Admin budget
2. Staff Management
Manage the Facilities department comprising of the post room/facilities assistant, reception and catering staff, ensuring that a high level of service is provided by the department.
- Implement any security arrangements requested by Group Security.
- Ensure compliance with relevant security policies on site.
- Manage relationship with security providers and resolve any issues that arise.
- Act as the out of hours and emergency response contact.
4. Health & Safety
- Ensure that the site is compliant with all regulatory and corporate H &S and insurance requirements, co-ordinating with external providers as appropriate to carry out the relevant work. Areas include:
- Fire evacuation procedures, training of fire marshals, fire risk assessments and fire preventions systems such as fire alarm, extinguishers and gas suppression system in Comms room.
- Maintain First Aid records and ensure First Aider's qualifications are up to date.
- Portable appliance testing and mains electrical testing order to ensure compliance with relevant policies and to maintain high safety standards on site.
- Ensuring that a planned preventative maintenance programme is in place and records kept up to
date ie water testing and treatment programme.
- Review existing contracts, ensure service level agreements are met and key performance indicators are monitored.
- Manage the switchboard telephone system and directory in conjunction with IT.
7. Office Moves & Space Planning
- Co-ordinate all site moves from space planning stage to final installation.
- Manage all layout changes including co-ordination of space planners, local authorities, solicitors, landlord, property agents, builders and other specialists.
- Facilitate the ordering of replacement furniture and dealing with any new requirements.
Qualifications/ Knowledge/ Experience
- Previous experience in Facilities Management
- Intermediate Word and Excel
- British Institute of Facilities Management Parts 1 & 2
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable multi-tasking with a flexible approach
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested, and feel you have suitable experience and knowledge in order to fulfil this role, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.