A Slitting Line Setter / Slitter / Shearing operative is required for a metal processing company based in the Redditch area. It is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company during a period of sustained growth.
Your main duties will involve the setting and operating of a wide coil slitting line. Working with aluminium, brass and copper.
- Setting and running slitting lines processing coils to specification
- Setting of tools on the line, separators, overarms etc. working with shimmed and shimless tooling
- Loading / unloading the line
- Operating a counterbalance forklift truck to move palletised steel stock also a reach forklift truck
- Checking quality and tolerances of slit coils using precision measuring equipment
- Banding, packing and palletising stock ready for dispatch
- Operating a Brace 1A machine
- Any other duties as required
A background in Slitting industry is required as well as experience working with extremely thin sheets/foils and narrow width desired.
- 37.5 hours a week (08:30 - 17:00)
- Overtime is available at an hourly rate
- Annual share bonus (depending on the profits of the business)
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays rising to 25 days after 5 th completed year of service
- 3 to 5x death in service
- Pension plan
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.