Industry/ Sector: Automation/Automotive Assembly Lines
A Site/Project Manager is required with knowledge and expertise of automated assembly lines and robotic systems. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry within Powertrain would be well received. My client has established a strong reputation in the global automotive marketplace. The successful candidate will manage the key Assembly projects of the business and work closely with the customer to ensure project success and maintain the company's strong reputation.
As a Site/Project Manager you will be required to:
- Ensure that received enquiries are within the capabilities of the company.
- Issue of RFQ's to specialist companies and the subsequent review of received quotations for suitability.
- Preparation of technical quotations and cost estimates for changes or enhancements to machinery/equipment and to liaise with Engineering Departments for technical suitability.
- Contract review activities.
- Release of received orders into the Engineering and Project Departments of the company.
- Preparation of Project Technical Specifications.
- Preparation of Project Timing plans in Microsoft Projects or Excel.
- Budget control and reporting to company Senior Management.
- Chairmanship of frequent Project Meetings and attendance at company progress meetings.
- Supervision of the assembled installation team and close liaison with the Commissioning Engineer.
- Collation and issue of CE certification in accordance with the Machinery Directives.
The Site/Project Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Excellent project management skills
- Good understanding of mechanical and pneumatic systems, ideally in an automotive assembly environment
- Knowledge of special purpose design with a knowledge of the latest standards.
- Deadline driven and able to work to immovable deadlines.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have excellent knowledge of project management and Powertrain special purpose machinery and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Site/Project Manager role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .