Up to £50000.00 per annum + bonus, pension, benefits package
almost 2 years ago
Site Manager - Warehouse Automation
£50,00/year starting salary
Excellent pension and benefits package
Career progression opportunities within a globally innovative organisation
A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over in excess of €500m year on year. We believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
Due to continued success, an expansion opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineering Manager or Site Supervisor to join a market leading, global organisation who are at the forefront of the Warehouse Automation sector in the UK today in the Street, Somerset area.
This is a challenging yet highly rewarding Site Manager job opportunity with a basic starting salary of £50,000/year. We hope to speak to suitably skilled and career-focused Engineering management professionals living within a commutable distance of Street, Somerset as soon as possible.
We hope to speak to interested parties who are customer focused, team oriented, organised and excellent communicators with strong listening skills and self-awareness based in a commutable distance of Street, Somerset. Possessing proven experience of managing an on-site maintenance team that deal with electro-mechanical, PLC, and Systems Software faults, conducting preventative maintenance operations on automated materials handling equipment within a warehouse / distribution centre environment or similar.
Overview of the role
- Experienced in carrying out risk assessments and will ensure that the team carries out their duties within a safe environment
- Experience of successfully managing a team of shift-based engineers
- Complete customer satisfaction
- Manage site budgets and associated commercial activities
- Ensure delivery of defined SLA
- Manage system improvements and installations
- Manage training requirements, both technical and regulatory
- Develop on-site staff and resources
- Increase the scope and efficiency of the Company's support solutions
- Be an effective manager focused on team development
- Ensure completion of reactive repairs
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to risk assessments
- Provide detailed reports covering commercial and technical activities
- Improve service level through adoption of industry best practices
- Manage the provision of quality support and maintenance services of all live information systems
- Plan and implement system security policy
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of all personnel
- Demonstrable Data analysis
- HNC/HND or above in an associated Engineering discipline
- Automated Systems background or similar
- Demonstrable experience of Lean / 6 Sigma
- Manufacturing management experience (preferred but not essential)
- Previously managed teams of 10+ staff
- Technical skills to cover software systems, server architecture & networks with an appreciation of electro-mechanical installations
- £50,000/year starting salary
- Days - Monday to Friday (some flexibility required)
- Annual performance related bonus
- Employer contributory pension up to 6%
- Private flexible health care plan
- Company mobile phone
- Industry leading training and development opportunities both at home and abroad
- Managing an established and high-performing team within a high value, highly innovative, automated warehouse for a premium UK clothing brand
This is an exciting job opportunity if you are an aspiring Engineering Management professional living within a commutable distance of Street, Somerset and looking to take a significant step forward with your career by joining a market leading automation systems provider with an array of career paths available both at home and abroad.
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.