Site Engineering Supervisor – Warehouse Automation
£45,000 - £50,000/year starting salary
Excellent pension and benefits package
Days based - Monday to Friday
Supported career progression opportunities within a globally innovative organisation
A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500m year on year. We believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
Due to continued success, an expansion opportunity has arisen for an aspiring Site Engineering Supervisor to join a market leading, global organisation who are at the forefront of the Warehouse Automation sector at their brand new state of the art premises in Hatfield.
Operating on behalf of a premium UK clothing brand. This is a multi-faceted Site Engineering Supervisor job opportunity comes with a basic starting salary of £45,000 - £50,000/year. We hope to speak to suitably skilled and career-focused Engineering management professionals living within a commutable distance of Hatfield as soon as possible.
You will be customer focused, team oriented, organised with strong listening skills and self-awareness. You will also ideally possess proven experience of managing an on-site maintenance team that deal with electro-mechanical, PLC, and systems software faults conducting preventative maintenance operations on automated materials handling equipment within a warehouse environment.
Overview of the role
Reporting to and supported by the multi-site manager, your role will consist of the following:
- Carry out risk assessments ensuring the team carries out their duties within a safe environment
- Managing a team of approx 10 shift engineers
- Ensuring complete customer satisfaction
- Managing site budgets and associated commercial activities
- Ensure delivery of defined SLA
- Manage system improvements and installations
- Manage training requirements
- Increase the scope and efficiency of Company support solutions
- Be an effective manager focused on team development
- Reporting on commercial and technical activities
- Improve service level through adoption of industry best practices
- Manage the provision of quality support and maintenance services
- Implement system security policy
- Data analysis
- HNC/HND or above in an associated Engineering discipline
- Automated Systems background or similar
- Demonstrable experience of Lean / 6 Sigma
- Manufacturing management experience (preferred but not essential)
- Previously managed medium/large teams
- Technical skills to cover software systems, server architecture & networks with an appreciation of electro-mechanical installations
- £45,000 - £50,000/year starting salary
- Days – Monday to Friday (some flexibility required)
- Welham Green, Hatfield location
- Employer contributory pension up to 6%
- Private flexible health care plan
- Company mobile phone
- Industry leading training and development opportunities both at home and abroad
- Managing a team of 10 engineers (and growing) through ‘go-live’ stage within a high value, highly innovative, automated warehouse for a premium UK clothing brand
- Full P&L and budgetary training available towards career progression to full Site Manager status in 2 years
This is an exciting job opportunity if you are an aspiring Engineering professional living within a commutable distance of Hatfield and looking to take a significant step forward with your career by joining a market leading automation systems provider with an array of career paths available both at home and abroad.
Significant support and training is available over time for the right candidate here within a company with an excellent track record of training and developing their staff. If you are currently managing or supervising a team of engineers in an automated / FMCG setting, but looking to take your career to the next level, then we would love to discuss our offering here with you!
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121. Or connect with me on LinkedIn.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.