about 1 month ago
Engineering Manager - Electrical Bias - Bradford - Strong Salary & Benefits
An Engineering Manager is required with an electrical maintenance background combined with strong management skills. Candidates from a Manufacturing or Warehouse background would be well received.
Due to the continued success of this company, a world leader in warehouse technologies supporting a diverse range of industries based in the Bradford area requires a motivated and driven Engineering Manager with strong people skills.
As the Engineering Manager you will be required to:
- Provide complete customer satisfaction whilst enhancing the reputation of the Company
- Gain a reputation for rapid and effective support
- Manage site budgets and associated commercial activities
- Match tasks with team skill sets to ensure delivery of defined SLA
- Manage as the on-site representative, all system improvements, and installations
- Manage all training requirements, both technical and regulatory
- Develop on-site staff and resources
- Be an effective manager focused on team development
- Work against timeframes to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site and off-site management keeping them informed of local issues and successes and addressing all concerns in a professional manner.
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Provide monthly, summary and detailed reports covering commercial and technical activities
- Improve the service level and optimise resource utilisation through adoption of industry best practices
- Manage the provision of quality support and maintenance services of all live information systems.
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of all personnel.
The Engineering Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree Level / HNC/D Engineering or equivalent experience
- Systems background - Ideally witihin FMCG/Logisitcs Warhouse sector
- Strong experience of Lean / 6 Sigma
- Manufacturing management experience preferred but not essential
- Previously managed large teams
- Customer focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data analysis
- Strong skills in report development (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Team oriented.
- Deal with issues and resolve them diplomatically.
- Proven Organisational Skills
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon whereby alternative methods will be utilised given the current circumstances. If you have experience of managing multi-skilled maintenance teams and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engineering Manager role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.