Site Engineering Manager – Warehouse Automation
£60,000/year starting salary
Excellent pension and benefits package
Days based - Monday to Friday
Supported career progression opportunities within a globally innovative organisation
A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500m year on year. We believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
Due to continued success, an expansion opportunity has arisen for an aspiring Site Engineering Manager to join a market leading, global organisation who are at the forefront of the Warehouse Automation sector at their state of the art premises in Peterborough.
Operating on behalf of a premium household UK brand. This is a multi-faceted Site Engineering Manager job opportunity comes with a basic starting salary of £60,000/year. We hope to speak to suitably skilled and career-focused Engineering management professionals living within a commutable distance of Peterborough as soon as possible.
You will be customer focused, team oriented, organised with strong listening skills and self-awareness. You will also ideally possess proven experience of managing an on-site maintenance team that deal with electro-mechanical, PLC, and systems software faults conducting preventative maintenance operations on automated materials handling equipment within a warehouse environment.
Overview of the role
Reporting to and supported by the multi-site director, your role will consist of the following:
- Match tasks with team skill-sets to ensure delivery of SLAs
- Manage site budgets and associated commercial activities
- Manage all system improvements and installations
- Manage all training requirements, both technical and regulatory
- Gain a reputation for rapid and effective support
- Develop on-site staff and resources
- Be an effective manager focused on team development
- Provide monthly reports covering commercial and technical activities
- Improve the service level and optimise resource utilisation through adoption of industry best practices
- Plan and implement system security policy
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of all personnel
- Site lead for recruitment operations
- Provide complete customer satisfaction whilst enhancing the reputation of the Company
- HNC/HND or above in an associated Engineering discipline
- Automated Systems / FMCG / engineering logistics background or similar
- Living in a commutable distance of Peterborough
- Previously managed medium/large teams of Engineers in automated warehouse or logistics / FMCG background
- Technical skills to cover software systems, server architecture & networks with an appreciation of electro-mechanical installations (desired)
- £60,000/year starting salary
- 40 hours per week: Days – Monday to Friday (some flexibility required)
- Peterborough location (PE2)
- Employer contributory pension up to 6%
- Private flexible health care plan
- Company mobile phone
- Annual bonus for hitting KPIs
- Employee benefits package
- Industry leading training and development opportunities both at home and abroad
- Managing a team of 12+ engineers within a high value, highly innovative, automated warehouse for a premium UK clothing brand
This is an exciting job opportunity if you are an aspiring Engineering Manager living within a commutable distance of Peterborough and looking to take a significant step forward with your career by joining a market leading automation systems provider with an array of career paths available both at home and abroad.
This is a company with an excellent track record of training and developing their staff. If you are currently in a site management position or similar managing a team of engineers in an automated / FMCG setting, but looking to take your career to the next level, then we would love to discuss our offering here with you!
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.