Attractive salary, benefits package
01384 446 174
5 months ago
Site Continuons Improvement Project Lead
Fast paced manufacturing
Excellent salary and benefits package.
Varied and exciting role for a Continuous Improvement specialist to join this very fast paced manufacturing business.
The Site CI & Project lead is accountable to monitor and improve organizational processes with the aim of making them as efficient as possible. Research and analysis feature heavily in this role, as continuous improvement managers map out all workflows, remove waste and low-value activities, and recommend solutions. Guided by formal kaizen methodologies, they then take the lead in implementing changes, acting as leaders, managers, and mentors throughout different areas of the organization. Alongside the CI also to manage key projects in both process and products, new technology and Equipment within the plant, securing products reach customers’ expectations.
It is expected you will have strong communication skills, enjoy working on the shop floor, interacting with employees, to talk about what works, what does not and suggesting solutions.
You will use data to analyse and make improvements, so a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel is key, along with other lean methodologies including Six Sigma, 8D, 5y’s and Kaizen.
Five Core responsibilities associated with this role.
- Analyse Business Processes
- Develop Strategies
- Lead Activities
- Monitor Progress
- Provide Mentorship
Other Key responsibilities
- Effective project management of internal improvements on current processes / products
- Implementing / Managing new technology, concept opportunities
- Lead cross functional team for complex projects.
- On these projects, ensure robust project management controls are put in place such that actions are closely monitored, deviations swiftly rectified and roadblocks removed by escalation where required.
- Implement and manage Risk Assessment Process to determine mandatory requirements to deliver customer expectations.
- Establish a winning network of key stakeholders –
- Site CI communication, KPI’s and weekly reviews so all site aligned.
- Monthly communication briefs to ensure key milestones are achieved or actioned.
- Expectation to manage numerous projects and be the Sites key contact.
- Regular communication briefs – Internal & External
- Drive best practice.
- Develop simple KPI’s to track and communicate site projects.
- Support trial protocol with Quality and Operations – Measure cost & success
- Regular process reviews (6 months) to ensure we capture any improvements.
- Project manage cross functional activity.
- Regular preview and review progress with key stakeholders
- To be agreed review of trials and production commercial performance
- Prioritise and co-ordinate project teams for project implementation.
- CAPEX projects – Mange and support key departments.
- Participate in Value+ project teams to ensure value maximised.
- Wide range of experience in the industry, CI and Change Management, Strong Operations background, Customer Service, MRP, Origination
- Experience of managing a project from the start to the finish, on time, in full proven ability to understand technical processes within the Flexographic Print Industry
- Excellent project management experience, working with all levels of staff.
- Strong technical knowledge of manufacturing process’s
- Degree or substantial, relevant industrial experience
- Good standard of education GCSE’s (or equivalent) and above in Math’s, English and Science
- Good I.T. skills to include SAP, Excel, and Word
- Good understanding of lean methodologies, Six Sigma
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.