£22.4k per year
about 1 month ago
Salary: £22,400 p/a (Working 31 hours over 4 days)
Shift Pattern: Monday- Thursday (08.45am – 17.00pm)
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced site chemist to work at our client’s facility in Wolverhampton, the role will be responsible for environmental monitoring and sampling activities across the company, providing support to the Environmental Manager as required.
- Suitable candidates must have a full driving license as the role will be carrying out PPC permits across their 3 midland facilities.
- The role would suit someone who has experience of various ash, plant abatement and water systems.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Execution of all ash and water sampling and preparation activities in accordance with the Pollution Prevention and Control, (PPC) permits across 3 Midlands’ sites.
- Arrange dispatch of samples to appropriate external laboratory.
- Maintenance of the result database
- Support sites through the provision of regular boiler water analysis, oversee all boiler water
analysis and advise as necessary
- Execution and administration of the Legionella monitoring and control regime, offering remedial advice where required
- Research and development of tests to investigate changes in, or improvements to, plant
operation relating to the abatement and water systems
- Periodic sampling, monitoring, and testing of plant abatement and water systems
- Execution of periodic noise and odour monitoring assessments
Order, distribute, and control any equipment / reagents that are required for plant
- Ensure that all laboratory equipment is calibrated
- Liaise with external testing laboratories as required
- Provide support for the Environmental Manager on environmental / quality areas as required
- Promote and support conformance to the business Integrated Management System (IMS) as
a key member of the HSEQ team
Ad Hoc Duties:
- Investigate suitable testing regimes for new legislative and regulatory requirements
- Assist with the audit of outside organisations involved with any aspect of chemical testing on the behalf of client
- Assist with Inspections to companies waste providers and to companies disposal sites
- Full valid UK driving licence as the role requires travel between sites
- Educated to A-level, Degree, or National Higher Diploma standard in Chemistry or related scientific field
- Good written and spoken English
- Good working knowledge of the waste to energy process beneficial
- Knowledge of laboratory operations in an industrial setting beneficial
- The ability to plan, prioritise, and organise own workload
- The ability to work independently using own initiative, as well as working as part of a team
- Competent and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Working week 31 hours (over 4 days)
- Annual leave 22.4 days p/a + Bank Holidays
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.