Job Title: Site Buyer
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
- We are currently recruiting a Site Buyer for our client based in Northampton, the role will be reporting to the Head of Purchasing and will be working with our client's external global suppliers.
- The position will be responsible for procuring external sourced components and services covering steel and aluminum purchases.
Key Responsibilities of the Site Buyer:
- Creation and management of Purchase Orders
- Scheduling and expediting of production material
- Maintenance of purchase information on ERP systems.
- Goods receipt activities
- Management & resolution of invoice queries
- Site representative for purchasing at daily production meetings
- Supplier meetings and performance management of suppliers.
- NPI support including raising of enquires to support new tenders
- Delivery of the category set purchase strategy
- Contribution to cost initiatives
- Shortage reporting & supply issue resolution
- Support the resolution of inbound poor quality
- Involvement in continuous improvement.
- Any other duties deemed necessary to support the business.
Key Experience of the Site Buyer:
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Fully conversant with M.S. Office particularly, Excel.
- Experience of materials management and stock control.
- Ability to liaise with internal customers.
- Experience of expediting and managing suppliers.
- Knowledge of both ERP / MRP and manual stock control.
- Ability to fit into a small team, with good interpersonal skills.
- A 'can do' attitude with experience of working in a collaborative style.
- Prepared to be "hands on" if circumstances dictate.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience would also be advantageous although not essential.
- Prepared to travel to suppliers and group locations (Travel expectation approximately of 20 - 25%)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment