Job Title: Simulation Project Lead
Permanent Position: 37 Hours per week
Salary Range: £ £48,000.00 - £60,000.00 (D.O.E)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, up to 18% bonus, possible car cash allowance, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for an Engineering Project Team Leader to join our multi-disciplinary Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) team, responsible for supporting the design, performance, emissions and mechanical development of gas & diesel engines for Caterpillar. In this leadership role, you will represent the simulation team on an engine platform team ensuring that appropriate simulation activities are planned, executed and communicated to committed timescales and quality to enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability.
You will also provide technical input to the platform team drawing upon your extensive personal experience and technical input from Subject Matter Experts within the simulation team. The decision that you make will typically have a significant impact on the product.
* Key trusted member of a virtual platform team, understanding customer and business. requirements and translating these into appropriate simulation tasks that are managed and delivered within an integrated project plan through the dedicated simulation team at Caterpillar.
* Clear communication of simulation requirements and tasks, obtaining resources, removing roadblocks to ensure that commitments are met to an acceptable quality level.
* Technical delivery, support and provision of advice to other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers both individually and through others.
* Broad business understanding is required to ensure simulation results are translated into engineering guidance and presented appropriately at multiple levels in the business.
* Development of an extended network of individuals from a diverse technical and cultural background.
* Develop and maintain a deep understanding of internal and external customers' needs
Experience & Qualifications:
* Accredited Bachelors degree in a relevant Engineering subject, plus significant industrial. experience in the application of simulation tools and processes to internal combustion engine design and development.
* Project Leadership and Project Management Skills.
* In depth understanding of the fundamentals of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Fatigue, (Multi-body Dynamics) MBD or CFD and a passion to develop broad technical expertise across all disciplines.
* Experience ideally gained working for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
* Strong organisational and project management skills.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Ability to perform complex assignments.
* Strong communication skills to ensure requirements and technical information are shared effectively with team members, internal customers, project managers & process partners.
* Significant understanding of internal combustion engine design and operation.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Simulation Project Engineer Lead role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.