£25 - 35 per hour
Simulation / Performance Engineer
Up to £35/ph (Inside IR35)
Peterborough with remote working
The Virtual Calibration team are responsible for creating and managing robust engine calibration plans that deliver high quality data using engine and aftertreatment simulations. The team applies deep technical knowledge to data analysis, review and sign off, converting data into decisions, this ensures our product recipe is of the highest quality and delivered on time. This is a highly visible team that works directly with all areas of engineering and will, at times report directly into our product groups.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
You will have responsibility for conducting simulation work that supports testing, development and sign off for the 400, 900 & 1200 engine programmes. You will be accountable for process excellence, maintaining engineering best practices and documentation.
You will work closely with the Performance and Systems Integration (PSI) engineering teams to define & deliver robust engine & aftertreatment calibrations that achieve the Product Objectives and Technical Objectives (PO's/TO's). You will also work closely with the GED Performance team to align simulation-based & physical engine tests.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct and/or direct simulation-based & physical engine tests, calibration and performance development to support technical requirements
- Conduct and/or direct simulation-based & physical tests (including Design of Experiments), checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes
- Plan, manage and deliver tests to tight time scales and to right quality
- Collaborate with global team to drive alignment and best practices
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Experience in combustion, performance, and economy development of diesel engines
- Experience in simulation-based and physical engine testing
- Able to use above experience to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance
- Competent in the use of simulation and data-analysis tools (e.g., Matlab/Simulink)
- Understanding of engine and aftertreatment control strategies
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems
- Project Management methods and processes
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.