Our Client, a world-class, independent engineering and testing consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, are recruiting for a Simulation Engineer - Safety to working in the Structural Simulation section.
As a Simulation Engineer you will be expected to undertake modelling and analysis activities using explicit (safety simulation) Finite Element (FE) methods to support component and vehicle design and development. Support process and procedures development.
- Build, analyse and correlate FE models, including design refinement and optimisation
- Undertake assessment of a variety of structures, principally automotive from the point of crash performance
- Support FE contribution to vehicle design and development programmes
- Support pre-sales and marketing activities including contributing technical detail to proposals
- Support ad-hoc analysis requests in support of design colleagues
- Support continuous improvement, including methods and process/procedures development
What you will be/have:
- Good first degree in an appropriate subject, most probably Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
- Use of LS-Dyna (crash, restraints, blast) and associated modelling tools.
- Good familiarity with a range of automotive structures at component and vehicle level
- Ideally a working knowledge of design optimisation tools (LSOpt) or other explicit codes (Radioss, Pam-Crash, Abaqus explicit in crash applications)
Interested and suitable candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.