Competitive Salary with excellent benefits, including shift allowance
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
Shift Production Supervisor x 2
Burton Latimer, Northamptonshire
Shift Patterns 2 week rotating:
6.00am - 3.00pm
12.5% Shift Allowance
24 days holiday, plus bank holiday, pension plus flexible benefits package.
We are working with this superb, specialist manufacturing and engineering business that has an enviable reputation of providing a first class, market leading solution to very regulated sectors. As part of a global manufacturing group, this organisation is forward thinking and works in partnership with a large range of customers providing them with state of the art, safe, reliable, and quality products.
With an ever-increasing order book, the business is on a very stable footing and will continue to do so, even within a changing European landscape.
Due to current demand and a need to increase capacity the business has, for the first time introduced a shift pattern to keep up with demand. Therefore, we are searching for 2 exceptional Shift Production Supervisors for this remarkable business, to work on a 2-week rotating shift pattern as stated above.
As Production Supervisor you will work closely with the Production Manager and their opposing shift Production Supervisor to act as a conduit for positive reinforcement of the Company vision whilst applying a firm but fair approach to the shift to shift running of the fast-paced, complex production facility.
You will be joining a highly focused, passionate team, working on a range of exciting and challenging initiatives to support the safe, on-time, and on-cost production of products for the UK and European markets.
As Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Delegation of production tasks so that the team can meet production deadlines and to address production problems as they arise. A critical part of this responsibility is to communicate expectations to the production workers and to continuously evaluate their performance including output, non-productive work, timekeeping, and quality control.
- You will generate, consolidate, and action recommendations & ideas to improve employee efficiency, maintain quality, and reduce costs. As Production Supervisor you must act as an advocate for change and an ambassador for product quality.
- Manage a variety of data management tools to ensure production data is efficiently and accurately reported back to the Production Manager. Moreover, to display and communicate key performance information to the production team in line with Company objectives as to drive performance and positive actions.
- To counsel and when necessary discipline production employees who fail to perform or violate company policies. You will be expected to act with integrity, fairness, and in line with Company expectations by applying systematic rigour to drive sustainable cultural change.
- To manage the shift handover process efficiently ensuring that there is a smooth transition from the off going to on coming shift and that all production data are communicated to the other Production Supervisor.
- You will work with experienced production staff to get a breadth and wide range of product knowledge and to quickly support the improvement and realisation of Production Standard Operating Procedures.
Skills and Experience required for the Shift Supervisor
- A high degree of empathy is a prerequisite, you must be able to form good working relationships and bring out the best in your team members - You will lead from the front, working as a team at all times.
- Experience of supervising a team would be preferred.
- Highly technically competent with a breadth of engineering and production knowledge (potentially from a range of different industries). The ability to learn quickly and to "see the bigger picture".
- Experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing/ production environment implementing lasting change whilst engaging the wider workforce.
- Working with both the Operations Manager and Production Manager, the Production Shift Supervisor with apply continuous improvement methodology and be focused on the increase of productivity.
- It is preferred if you have formal Health & Safety and Quality training such as IOSH Managing Safely. At all times, the Health and Safety of employees is top priority and as the Production Supervisor you will manage and record Near Misses, hazards, and accident reporting/ investigations.
- Good working knowledge of 6 sigma or similar continuous improvement methodologies and the application of them. Yellow or Green belt training is preferred.
- The personability and aptitude to work well with others and influence; a people person who can help drive cultural shift.
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Excel and other standard Microsoft packages.
- Experience of maintaining visual management displays and carrying out Toolbox Talks to communicate important information to, excellent communication skills are a pre-requisite.
Personality traits and skills would be:
- Have a high degree of personal accountability.
- Be able to work on own their initiative.
- High attention to detail.
- Proven team player.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Honest, Integrity, and Reliable.
- Good sense of humour.
This is an excellent position working for a true market leader in their field. The position is new and will enable you to look at creating an excellent team culture, pulling in the same direction. The organisation is stable and has a very strong forward order book.
If you feel you have the right experience, please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.