Shift Supervisor, Food Production
Up to £45,000 plus excellent pension, 26 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
12-hour, continental shift pattern. ( 2 on, 3 off, 2on, 2 off, 3 on, 3 off repeating, inc nights)
This FMCG manufacturing organisation is a world leader in the production and development of specialist products which are used by many global FMCG producers. The organisation is on a journey of change, including culture, continuous improvement and manufacturing techniques. It is a great time to be joining the business and they have asked us to help in the recruitment of an exceptional Shift Supervisor.
It is essential that you have current experience of working in a high volume, ideally world class FMCG/Food manufacturing environment, that is using modern methods of working.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the development and direction of a shift team, including the temporary staff. You will be pivotal in ensuring the production plan for your area is fulfilled.
You will be an experienced people manager, have excellent communication skills to performance manage and to spot and nurture talent. You will be setting higher standards, therefore improving quality throughout the shift, potentially rewriting standard operating procedures to achieve this.
You will be expected to work with all teams in the business, developing strong relationships and can manage quality, health and safety and production issues that develop.
We are keen to talk to candidates who have the following:
- At least 5 years' experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment within a supervisory/management capacity
- Have a working knowledge of formal problem-solving techniques and improvement techniques - eg Six Sigma. Ability to problem solve and undertake process mapping.
- Understands GMP, HACCP and BRC requirements
- Adopts a logical, reasoned, analytical approach to work
- Ability to effectively manage teams to achieve production plans
This is a superb opportunity to join a truly global organisation and one with an excellent reputation.
If you feel you are ready for the challenge, then please apply.