Title: Shift Multi Skilled Engineer
Salary: £33,000 p/a + Shift Allowance (£2,700 p/a)
We are currently recruiting for a multi skilled engineer to work on our clients site in Weybridge, the role will be working a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off days and nights and will be required to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, Reactive Repairs and site cover to buildings, there will also be a number of small installation projects.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of task sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices.
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of staff and clients staff.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of company is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes Required:
- Ideally hold a HNC or HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Must hold a "time served apprenticeship" ideally in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
- Authorised Person - Pressure Systems Regulations (Desirable)
- Authorised Person: Mechanical (AP10) Training Course(Desirable)
- Approved Authorised Person - Confined spaces (Desirable)
- C&G 17th Edition qualified is advantageous
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Person Specification
- Excellent analytical skills to operational issues
- Good knowledge of BMS Trend systems
- Have an understanding of health and safety and previously held Appointed Person position
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Planning and Organisational skills
- Strong customer focus skills and attitude
- Flexible and willing approach to work
- Good communicator - both Written and Orally
- Enthusiastic and Hardworking
- Good time management
- Working to tight deadlines
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.