My client is a global engineering and manufacturing business supplying into the automotive and power generation markets amongst other industries.
They are seeking a dynamic Shift Manager to run their night shift. Reporting into the Operations Manager you will be responsible for driving KPI's and managing staff and resources effectively.
- Actively promote EHS awareness and ensure all team members understand and follow health and safety procedures.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping through 5S.
- Working closely with the Production Planning team, ensure that the daily plan is clearly communicated and achieved. Optimise & adjust resourcing levels according to plan & any absence.
- Manage all staff related HR issues such as holiday planning, absence and any disciplinary or performance improvement situations that may occur.
- Help prioritise and resolve technical problems and machine breakdowns.
- Ensure that Quality procedures are understood and adhered to within the manufacturing team and effectively resolve and close out Quality issues through liaison with the quality department on 8Ds.
- Proactively drive lean manufacturing
Background and Experience:
- Must have manufacturing management experience and ideally some exposure to the automotive industry
- CNC machining knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of the fastener industry is desirable
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Effective personnel manager and strong communication skills
- Able to analyse data and strong IT skills
- Currently you may be working as a Shift Manager, Shift Supervisor, Production Manager or Manufacturing Manager
Working hours are 35 hours per week 4 shifts Monday to Thursday 9 pm to 6 am.
Salary is very competitive and will be disclosed after successful application.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Shift Manager role with a leading international manufacturing organisation.