- Sector: Metals
- Function: Operations
- Contact: Simon Roberts
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446113
- Expiry Date: 09 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60272
Shift Manager - Manufacturing Production
Salary circa £35,000 - £40,000 (DOE) + benefits
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
As Shift Manager you will be joining an advanced fully automated manufacturing processing company that has developed a strong reputation for supplying precision components across a wide industrial and commercial customer base. Due to continued growth and increased demand they need to further strengthen their production management capability. Reporting to the Plant Production Manager you will join a busy management team working across a 24/7, three shift production environment. You will ensure full adherence to Health & Safety procedures and the delivery of high-quality products on time and in full that will exceed customer expectations.
To be considered for this Shift Manager position you must have:
- Experience working as a Shift Manager, Production Manager or Supervisor within a medium to high volume batch processing environment. This could include presswork, injection moulding, die casting, steel production or automated assembly within the automotive, aerospace or general engineering sectors.
- A sound understanding of world class manufacturing methods that will include JIT, 5S, SMED, OEE and pull systems, together with problem solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why, root cause analysis and standard operating procedures.
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement and the development of a high-performance safety-based culture, built on teamwork, engagement, respect and trust.
- Experience of developing and implementing simple and meaningful KPIs that will deliver high quality product that meet and achieve exacting Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to coach, train and educate Team Leaders and staff in modern manufacturing techniques, able to motivate create understanding and engagement to achieve optimum levels of quality efficiency and productivity.
This is a challenging and interesting position; you will be part of a close-knit management team that is focussed on achieving World Class Manufacturing methods and standards. As Shift Manager you will have sound leadership, management, planning and decision-making skills and be able to motivate and influence your staff to constantly seek improvement, eliminate waste and deliver products of the highest quality that achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.