£30k - 32k per year + Pension, Life assurance
01384 446 174
about 2 months ago
Automotive Tier 1, sequenced assembly environment
Shift is 6am to 2pm
Salary up to £32,000, Pension: Life Assurance
This business is a very fast paced, sequenced assembly environment, the organisation supplies complete product to several of the major domestic OEMS, including Jaguar Land Rover, Bentley, and Ford. The organisation is experiencing rapid growth and you will be responsible for between 50-60 team members on the shift.
As an experience Team Leader/Shift Manager, you will be responsible for the operation of an assigned area in terms of production, quality, cost, delivery, technical, safety, and human resources, whilst respecting the defined goals. Manage all aspects of the shift through collaborative working with the other Shift Managers for delivering, and where possible, exceeding, the key performance indicators within the operation. Strive to continually improve using Lean tools to reduce costs, improve production and quality.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as Shift Manager
- Lead by example, ensuring a safe and efficient workplace is always maintained.
- Achieve the required company quality standards ensuring both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are monitored, and targets achieved.
- Liaise and coordinate with support functions to progress issues concerning production planning and resource/skill allocation to ensure delivery of products to schedule within all relevant quality specifications.
- Communicate with the teams by utilising visual management, delivering shift briefs with focus on quality, cost and delivery, and gathering ideas for improvement.
- Undertake performance management responsibility for team members, conducting appraisals and giving direction to aid good performance.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained and ‘Standard Operations’ adhered to
- Ensure that non-conformance is challenged, and countermeasures are agreed and implemented.
- Lead and motivate the team to create a high-performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced.
- Through the utilisation of lean manufacturing techniques, strive to exceed the Company targets in productivity, efficiency, and quality on a continuous basis.
- Manage the implementation of engineering changes, production trials, model change and trial builds.
- Report and act upon plant or machinery breakdowns to maintenance technicians
- Promote Total Productive Maintenance procedures to further improve the availability of the line.
- Contribute to the improvement of working procedures by constantly looking for solutions to ensure the best productivity results of her/his machinery group and ensuring compliance with procedures, operating instructions, and work instructions.
- Ensure that internal delivery processes are adhered to support dispatch time windows.
- Lead follow up to customer concerns. Identify and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures. Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues.
- Significant work experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Ability to design, sustain processes and layouts.
- Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement and pr
- Ability to show resilience and a flexible approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to establish logical practical solutions.
- Strong people and performance management skills
- Computer literate
- IATF16949 / ISO14001 Knowledge & Auditing Skills
- Full understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor-quality problem solving), process improvement and Poka Yoke techniques
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.