£39k - 42k per year + benefits
about 1 month ago
Title: Shift Maintenance Engineer
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift pattern: Double Days (6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm)
Benefits: Includes Pension and Healthcare
Overview of the Role: Shift Maintenance Engineer
- It is expected that all engineers will possess proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations
- Reporting to the Team Leader, the team of Support Engineers will be eager though safety conscious, with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion.
- Every team member will be required to respond out of hours in an emergency situation.
- This emergency cover will be scheduled within the team and is not a permanent requirement. European travel for training may be a requirement.
Key Skills / Qualifications Required: Shift Maintenance Engineer
- City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent
- Ability to read Mechanical and Electrical Drawings
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- PLC fault finding via I/O
- Electrical Diagnosis experience
- 24/48/415v experience
- Some Automation experience would be valuable but not essential
- Some Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge is beneficial but not essential
Key Responsibilities: Shift Maintenance Engineer
The position requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Day to day maintenance of site MHE to a high standard, looking to continuously improve with all aspects of new and old equipment health and safety conscience.
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.