£41.7k per year + benefits
about 1 month ago
Title: Shift Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £36,718 plus £5,000 shift allowance
Hours: 42hours per week
Shift pattern: Panama -Days & Nights (6am-6pm, 6pm-6am) - 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off.
Overview of the Role:
- It is expected that all engineers will possess proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations
- Reporting to the Team Leader, the team of Support Engineers will be eager though safety conscious, with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion.
- Every team member will be required to respond out of hours in an emergency situation.
- This emergency cover will be scheduled within the team and is not a permanent requirement. European travel for training may be a requirement.
The position requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following,
- Provide emergency breakdown and maintenance support
- Create strong effective working relationships with our customer and the operational agents to enable us to provide a first class service
- Provide performance in terms of achieving output, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship
- To provide maintenance support on other issues as well as the installed system
- In conjunction with the other team shift members on site, providing a first class response to maintenance and support issues arising, ensuing as far as reasonably practical a first time right policy
- Involvement in site related meetings as and when required, both with the customer and or their nominated contact.
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Electrical Fault-Finding
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Appreciation of control systems
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Appreciation of Cultural Diversity
- City and Guilds level 3/ NVQ level 3 electrical and mechanical
- Understanding of PLC’s and their function is beneficial but not essential
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial.
- Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.