Role: Maintenance Engineer (Injection Moulding)
Shift: Day shift 7am – 3.30pm then moving to 4 on 4 off (7am – 7pm)
Salary: £29’000 - £31’000
It is expected that all Shift Maintenance Engineers will possess proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations within a manufacturing environment. Reporting to the maintenance manager, the team will be eager though safety conscious, with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion. Every team member will be required to respond to out of hours in an emergency situation. Travel allowance and callout payment available. This emergency cover will be scheduled within the team and is not a permanent requirement.
Key Responsibilities: Maintenance Engineer (Injection Moulding)
The position requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following,
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls. (Desired but not essential)
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Appreciation of control systems
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Appreciation of Cultural Diversity
You’re Skills: Maintenance Engineer (Injection Moulding)
- Ability to fault find on PLC’s is desirable.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial.
- Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to ‘Think on their feet’
- Flexible in hours worked
- Able to take ownership of situations
- Team player
- Quick/Keen learner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Physically fit and able to work at height
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.