Role: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: c£40,000 (more of the right candidate)
Shifts: 4 on 4 off – Days and Nights
No Call Out
They operate out of 8 recycling manufacturing sites across the UK, and as an innovator in the sector, they are always looking to develop new products and processes to ensure they are meeting the exact requirements of their customers.
Within the industry, they lead with way by maintaining the highest standard of service and exceptional quality of product.
This business operates from a large industrial site and is keen to speak with engineers from similar industrial environments
Purpose of the Role
- To maintain company assets to the highest standards at all times.
- To ensure the safe, efficient and effective repair of plant / production breakdowns and assist production with engineering issues when and where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures PPM’s are completed as per the PPM schedules and outlined by the Engineering Manager. All documentation and information relating to the PPM’s must always be correct and up-to-date .
- Proactive approach to troubleshoot, and repair equipment without causing extended equipment downtime.
- Work through engineering jobs list provided by the Engineering Manager.
- React to any plant/production breakdowns with urgency. If more than one breakdown occurs, work through as prioritised by Engineering Manager or Shift Supervisor.
- Minimise cost where possible by ensuring efficient use of all engineering/production consumables.
Health and Safety
- Ensure SWP’s are adhered to at all times and ensure any problems are reported to the Site Manager, Engineering Manager and Compliance Manager promptly.
- Ensure correct PPE is being used at all times, immediately informing the Engineering Manager of any requirements.
- Ensures housekeeping is at the highest standards at all times and promotes a clean as you go policy within the department.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.