Shift Leader, Automotive Tier 1
Double Days (rotating)
Salary: £29,720 including 5% pension, life assurance, overtime and shift allowance at 15%, 25 days holiday
Working Hours: Rotating shifts 06.00-14.00/14.00-10.00 (Mon - Thurs),
This global automotive tier 1 manufacturer, provides quality pressing and components to numerous Auto OEM's across the UK and beyond. Due to continued uplift in demand, they have asked us to assist in the recruitment of a Shift Leader for their largest UK site.
The key elements of the Shift Leader are to lead the production teams to deliver or exceed KPI targets such as Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery, you will be fully accountable for the performance and development of your shift and expected to identify opportunities to improve all aspects of production and lead teams to deliver these improvements. All KPI and project work must be delivered hand in hand with building and maintaining strong and open working relationships at all levels within an exciting but driven environment.
As Shift Leader you will have the following:
* Experience of working in a Manufacturing environment
* Proven track record of leading / managing / supervising a team
* IT literate i.e. Microsoft Office Applications to intermediate level
* Good Numeracy and literacy
* Uses data effectively to form basis of decision and action
* Ability to lead without suppressing
Desirable Skills and Experience Required:
* An IOSH qualification
* Experience of working in the Automotive industry
* Press experience
* Knowledge and experience of 5S methodology
* Knowledge and experience of using 8d problem resolution
* Continuous improvement experience
As Shift Leader you will have excellent communication skills and have the confidence to work with all levels of stakeholders.
This is a good time to join the business as they are in a period of expansion and investment. If you would like further information or to be considered for the role, please apply.
Up to £29720.00 per annum + pension, overtime, 15% Shift Allowanc