A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500 year on year. They believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced and aspiring multi skilled engineers to join this market leading, multi-national company within a brand new residence at a household brand name's distribution centre in in the area local to Hatfield which is due to 'go-live' in June 2018.
This maintenance Shift Engineer job opportunity comes with a basic salary of £40,000/year including shift allowance. We hope to speak to suitably skilled and career-focused multi skilled maintenance engineering professionals who may be looking to use 2019 as a year to take their next career step as soon as possible.
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing
- Working against a time-frame to complete reactive repairs
- Service and repair current installed products in a timely manner
- Interpreting electrical circuit diagrams and work with motor controls
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools and assemble parts onto equipment
- Appreciation of control systems
- Minimum Level 3 NVQ qualification in Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of Non Destructive Technologies and Testing
- Understanding of and experience of PLC's and their function
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial
- Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills
- Live within a manageable commute of Hatfield
- Salary up to above £40,000/year (inc shift allowance)
- Up to 6% matched company pension contribution
- Employee benefits package
- Full uniform
- Company mobile phone
- OT regularly available - not mandatory
- Opportunity for Team Leader positions 2019
- Industry leading training and career development opportunities at home and abroad
- 20 shifts (240 hours) of paid holiday rising with length of service and good attendance records
Please note that this position involves working on a Panama shift pattern which includes 12-hour day and night shifts and occasional weekends once the facility goes live.
This is an exciting job opportunity for multi skilled maintenance engineering professionals in the area local to Hatfield to join a market leading automation systems provider with an array of career paths available both at home and abroad.
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.