A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500 year on year. They believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a multi skilled maintenance engineer to join a global market leader in automated warehouse systems at their resident site in Burton-Upon-Trent.
You would be joining a team of 16 staff who take responsibility for the maintenance and upgrading of a significant and growing automated system within an online distribution warehouse in Burton-Upon-Trent.
The multi skilled Maintenance Engineer's role will consist of:
- Providing a first-class site response to customer sites maintenance needs.
- Emergency breakdown and maintenance support on all equipment and software issues on the installed equipment
- Be part of the Issue Management and the internal escalation process on all related maintenance issues, in partnership with the customer.
- Create strong effective working relationships with our customers and your responsibility team, to enable Knapp to provide a first-class service.
- Provide performance in terms of supporting maintenance activities on site, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship.
- To provide maintenance support on all aspects of the installed system.
- To work within a team of site technicians and third-party repair companies on their activities on site.
Key Responsibilities for a multi skilled Maintenance Engineer:
- Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required
- Carry out PPM of automation equipment to the required standard
- Complete breakdown reports and shift reports including any issues arising on shift which may have an impact on the performance of the site equipment and/or the maintenance department
- Undertake improvement, repairs and modifications
- Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities
Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer qualifications/experience:
- NVQ/BTEC Level 3 In an Electrical discipline
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 in a Mechanical discipline or equivalent
- Advance Full apprenticeship
- Experience in logistics automation
- Electrical/Mechanical maintenance and inspection
- 3 phase, Single Phase, 24/48V DC knowledge preferred
- Electrically biased
- Good electrical fault-finding skills
- Electrical Drawing navigation capability
- Computer Literate (particularly MS Excel)
- IOSH and/or pneumatic experience preferred
- PLC experience (preferred but not essential)
- Hands-on and team oriented
- Customer focused
- Able to work at height
This role will include working on a continental shift pattern including 4-on 4-off 12 hour shifts or both days and nights recurring.
In exchange for your hard work and professionalism we can offer the following:
- Starting salary of circa £36,000/year with regular pay progression available
- Employer enhanced pension up to 6%
- OT widely available (not mandatory)
- Employee benefits package (bonuses, life assurance, health insurance)
- Best in industry training and career development opportunities both at home and abroad
- A clean and organised automated warehousing environment
- An opportunity to develop within the ever-growing automated warehousing industry with a market leader who specialise in providing cutting edge automated solutions to premium brand names globally
If you hold the relevant qualifications and feel that you are ready for an opportunity to join a market leader in automated warehousing as a multi skilled maintenance engineer (electrical bias) then we would like to hear from you.
Please 'apply' with your up to date CV or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121 for more information.