Competitive Plus O/T and Benefits
£Competitive plus Benefits and O/T
Maintenance, Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Reactive & Proactive Maintenance, Shifts, Mechanical, PLC, Automation, Conveyor
A Shift Engineer is required with knowledge of multi-skilled maintenance driving forward both reactive and proactive maintenance activities across a high-volume packaging and automated environment, which requires a forward thinking individual who can think on their feet to deliver effective results.
As a Shift Engineer you will be required to:
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Day to day maintenance of site MHE to a high standard, looking to continuously improve with all aspects of new and old equipment health and safety conscience.
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Appreciation of control systems
Education / Skills / Experience
- Full Electrical/ Mechanical minimum level 2 C&G or 3 BTEC
- Understanding of PLC’s and their function would be advantageous, but training will be provided
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial.
- Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Use of Cmms system and storeroom experience
- Experience of using automated machinery, conveyors systems, bagging machine and scan tunnels or manufacturing equipment is desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of maintenance engineering from both a reactive and proactive nature allied with good processes improvement exposure seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Preston based company will offer you:
- £Competitive Salary plus Benefits and O/T
- Excellent opportunity to progress your career, develop your skills and have training on diverse automated equipment and PLC’s.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of multi-skilled maintenance engineering within an automated, conveyor or high-volume packaging/manufacturing environment and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Shift Engineers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.