A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Fast growing and employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500m year on year. They believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced multi skilled engineer to join this market leading, multi-national company within the residence at a household brand name's distribution centre in Castle Donington.
This PLC Shift Technician job opportunity comes with a basic salary of circa £45,000/year including shift allowance. We hope to speak to suitably skilled multi-skilled engineers with good fault finding skills on PLCs who are looking for a career development route as soon as possible.
- Provide a first-class site response to the customer.
- Identify, develop and implement automation system and program changes to support manufacturing processes and continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure the validated status of automation assets is maintained through change control and configuration management.
- Fault finding and some editing on PLCs
- Keep up to date with technologies to ensure the appropriate solutions are utilised for maximum business benefit.
- Provide emergency breakdown and maintenance support on all equipment and software issues.
- Issue Management and internal escalation process on system maintenance issues.
- Create strong effective working relationships with our customers.
- Work alongside Engineering Team Leader and in deputise in his/her absence to co-ordinate a team of site technicians and third party repair companies.
- Bachelors / Masters degree or HNC/HND in IT, Electrical & Electronic, Controls, Automation or Robotics Engineering.
- Experience in Automated Materials Handling or similar regulated, controls environment would be advantageous but is not essential
Advantageous (but not essential as training is available...)
- Control systems experience (PLC, DCS, SCADA, HMI, Servo, Vision) for off the shelf and bespoke process and production equipment and materials handling systems
- Exposure to communication networks and protocols (serial, Profibus, Ethernet)
- Instrumentation experience (sensors, actuators, PMT)
- Electrical Design knowledge (control panel and field wiring)
- P&ID nomenclature and electrical wiring diagrams
- Process and Machinery Safety (CE, PUWER, HAZOP, CHAZOP)
- Environmental Monitoring Systems
- Siemens controls systems experience
- Starting salary of £45,000/year (inc shift allowance)
- 0600: - 18:00 / 18:00 - 06:00 Panama shift pattern (5 days week 1, 2 days week 2 recurring)
- Up to 6% matched company pension contribution
- Employee benefits package
- Full uniform
- Company mobile phone
- OT regularly available - not mandatory
- Industry leading training and career development opportunities at home and abroad
- 22 shifts (264 hours) of paid holiday rising with length of service and good attendance records
Please note that this position will from next year involve working on a Panama shift pattern which includes 12-hour day and night shifts and approximately two weekends per month.
We have capacity to train strong and experienced electrically biased, multi-skilled engineers who have good fault finding experience on PLCs as much of the PLCs is controlled from the global HQ. As such, this role will also fit an aspiring engineer who would be interested in progressing towards supervisory and management opportunities in the future as part of a Warehouse Automation systems provider.
This is an exciting job opportunity for multi skilled maintenance engineering professionals in the Castle Donington area who are looking to build on some basic understanding of PLCs, or a PLC controls engineer looking to join a local, yet global warehouse automation specialist with an array of career paths available both at home and abroad.
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.