5 months ago
SHEQ Compliance Officer
18 month fixed term contract
Manufacturing and Logistics
Can you offer NEBOSH qualification in Occupational Health & Safety / Environmental Management?
Can you offer experience in an Engineering environment that incorporates waste management and compliance with ADR regulations?
Have you managed ISO9001/14001 and 45001 accreditations?
This SHEQ Compliance Officer role will work closely with the Site Operations Manager and his team, providing expertise to ensure the continued integrity, professionalism and effectiveness of a comprehensive quality, health and safety department. You will join part of a global organisation leading the way in hazardous goods collection and recycling.
Key Responsibilities of this SHEQ Compliance Officer post will include;
- To prepare and maintain management systems in line with compliance obligations and accreditations, 14001, 9001 & 45001 (including legal compliance registers, non-conformances, customer complaints, risk and opportunities, management review meetings, completing surveillance and accreditation audits etc).
- Conducting all risk assessment applicable - highlighting the areas of potential risk that you must reduce alongside relevant departmental manager.
- To conduct frequent safety, environmental and quality inspection and checks including completed Safe and Unsafe Act discussion and site safety tours.
- To provide customer on-site risk assessments and method statement for all employees attending customers sites for lithium assessments and packing.
- Leading by example and promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Preparing and undertaking internal audits and aspects relating to compliance of the Quality management system (ISO 9001), Environmental management system (ISO 14001) and the health and Safety management system (ISO 45001)
- Making sure the organisation remain compliant within all aspects of legislation and in line with the company's accreditations.
- Maintaining the effective management systems for the business and processes of the company by ensuring the systems and processes are compliant with the health and safety, quality, and environmental requirements of the business.
- Maintaining internal document control (register), which include all internal forms, risk assessments and COSHH data sheet.
- The identification of Environmental aspects and impacts, the review of the aspects and impacts register and impacts scores.
- Identifying, pursuing and documenting the effective closeout of required corrective and preventative actions resulting from environmental incidents and complaints, internal and external audits, and assessments, including those of shareholders and regulators.
- To manage, monitor and arrange the Occupational Health - Hearing Tests & blood lead testing.
- Managing, monitoring and arranging environmental hygiene testing.
- Completing Duty of Care audits with hosting customers/suppliers on site.
- To submit annual report to the Environment Agency in compliance with Sites EnvSubmit. approval for SEPA Waste Exemption Due July 2022.
- Environmental Permit, e.g., Annual Energy Consumption etc.
In addition to a competitive salary this SHEQ Compliance Officer role will offer a performance based bonus, pension scheme, death in service and 25 days holiday + bank holidays. If keen to learn more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.