£10 - 12 per hour
Job title: Sewing Machinist/Seamstress
Salary Range: £11.00 - £12.00 per hour
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Friday
6am-2pm/2pm-10pm Rotational shift pattern
6 month rolling contract working for a leading defence manufacturer.
2 sewing machinists/seamstress are required with knowledge of working with a variety of fabrics working from drawings and jigs to manufacture products into defence/Military industry. Candidates that have worked with robust, small, light intricate materials in a production sewing enviroment would be well received.
Due to workload this defence manufacturer based in Coventry requires 2 experienced, dynamic, leading sewing machinists/seamstresses to undergo a 6-month rolling contract role. As a sewing machinists/seamstress you will be required to:
- Work with small light fabric products
- Work towards production targets
- Working from drawing and jigs
- Sew and produce parts with multi compound
- Work as an individually.
- Work within a team dependant on the size of the parts.
- To sew and machine accurately with no rejects
- Quality checking and testing of all parts produced
The sewing machinist/seamstress should have the following skills or experience:
- Be able to obtain and pass baseline security clearance
- Skills, attitudes, and behaviours necessary to be competent in the role:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good standard of manual dexterity
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to work to written instructions
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions
- Attention to detail
- Able to work a three-shift rotation, if required
- Committed attitude to Continuous Improvement activities such as 5s etc
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of sewing, machining or upholstering products on a manufacturing level. In return for your experience, this Coventry manufacturer will offer you:
- 6 month rolling contract position
- £10 - £12 per hour
- 37.5-hour per week
- Possible opportunity for full time permanent contracts after 4 months
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of sewing, machining or upholstering within a high-volume manufacturing business and would like to discuss the sewing machinist/seamstress role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.