Title: Service Technician (South East)
Location: South East Region
Salary: £25,700 p/a (Increasing after 12 weeks)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Service Technician to work for our client across the South East Region, the role will be providing service support (product installation, repair, maintenance) to an agreed customer base within a designated area.
- To repair all company brand and competitor batteries and chargers.
- To fit and repair all company brand and competitor watering systems.
- To repair all company brand and competitor's ancillary equipment.
- Installation of all batteries to the customer requirements.
- The installation and connection of chargers to AC isolation point/plug.
- To fit and monitor battery and charger test equipment.
- Perform battery discharge and impedance testing as required.
- Carry out Surveys and complete detailed reports for battery & chargers as when required.
- Use an IPAD communication device to the agreed requirements and procedures.
- Provide data and report on application issues.
- Carry out and fulfil any requirements of battery, charger, watering and maintenance contracts.
- Ensure all works is completed within Health & Safety guidelines.
- Assist other Engineers as required, including training and liaise with other departments.
- Ensure all customers are advised on the safe and recommended use of products and offer detailed instructions/guidelines where necessary including product/part replacement.
- Support Customer training programs and inductions as required.
- To promote all company products and services in a positive and effective manner.
- To promote the Company image by ensuring all issued clothing is clean and respectable and the vehicle and equipment are maintained within Company guidelines.
- Ensure that the van is correctly stocked with all the necessary equipment to complete a job at the first visit.
Knowledge, Training and Qualifications:
- Full and clean UK Driving Licence
- A recognised electrical qualification to NVQ3 or equivalent, fork lift truck licence
- Customer Focus, Commercial Awareness, Achievement Drive, Team Working, Flexible Approach, Detail Conscious, Able to work from initiative, Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, Good Communication
- Experience in the electrical industry, Experience in the repair and installation of industrial batteries, Experience in the repair and installation of chargers
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.