Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
£18.00 - £20.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are proud to be representing their client, a leading Military of Defence (MOD) supplier in their search for a Mechanical Field Service Technician on a 6-month contract basis to be based in their leading facility in Merthyr Tydfil, travelling to all MOD sites in the UK
For the successful Mechanical Field Service Technician our client is offering:
- 6 Month Contract Position
- £18.00 - £20.00 per hour
- 40-hour week Days
- Company Vehicle and expenses paid
- Overtime available paid at a premium
The Role as a Mechanical Field Service Technician:
- Will be the customer facing representative of the company when visiting Foxhound military units within the UK.
- Adaptable, senior mechanical vehicle technician who can work independently or with other FSR's to provide vehicle maintenance and specialist advice to the MoD unit with Foxhounds within the UK
- Providing mechanical maintenance, support and specialist advice to multi-faceted FPE departments, partners and customers including the MoD.
- Will have a proven history as an experienced technician in mechanical fitting, modifying and diagnosing faults in accordance with design specifications
- Technical focal point for all Foxhound related matters including modifications, Post Design Services (PDS), technical training and defect reporting.
- Work with design/project engineers to develop optimised engineered solutions.
- Carrying out general mechanical technician duties as required.
What our client is looking for in a Mechanical Field Service Technician:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a mechanic/technician
- Time served apprenticeship
- HGV license legally allowed to drive in the UK and have access to transport
- Military VM1 / NVQ and/or City & Guilds Level 3 in a vehicle mechanics based course
- Excellent communication / customer facing skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of automotive systems and how they work together
- IT literate
Highly desirable skills:
- Ex-military or used to working away from home for protracted periods
- In depth Foxhound experience
Key skills or similar Job titles:
Technician, Engineer, Service technician, Service engineer, Maintenance, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanic
Merthyr Tydfil, Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Hereford, Bristol, Gloucester
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Mechanical Field Service Technician and you wish to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Field Service Technician role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 116.