- Sector: Automation & Controls
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Matt Johnson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384446116
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58709
Job title: Automation Project/Service Engineer
Salary Range: £38,000 to £40,000 per annum basic, 21% yearly bonus, £6000 per annum car allowance with business and personal mileage paid.
Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday, overtime paid at premium
Location: Home Based role – Oxford Area
Permanent position working for a leading Automation manufacturing client in Oxfordshire.
An Automation Project/Service Engineer is required with knowledge of onsite pre/post sales and project support, e.g.installation, commissioning for predominantly Auto Identification and Vision products. Engineers with a strong Auto Identification product background and experience with a multi bias service engineer role is a must.
Due to expansion this automation client is looking for a service engineer to be home based in and around the Oxford area. As the Automation Project/Service Engineer, you will be required to:
- Manage onsite pre/post sales and project support, e.g.installation, commissioning for predominantly Auto Ident and Vision products.
- Establish and maintain knowledge of Auto Identification and basic Vision products
- Support and their applications
- Carry out preventative maintenance, support, repair and breakdown visits
- Carry out all aspects of system installation, commissioning and support
- Ensure all visit reports are dealt with according to the standard and sent to the Systems Plus office
- Build, maintain and develop strong links with customers
- Work closely with Manager, Project Manager and Admin of the Systems Plus Team to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Prepare and deliver training for customers and employees
The Automation Project/Service Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- BTEC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or a background and / or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar industrial role in the UK
- Experience with Auto Ident and/or Vision applications and/or controls and PLC
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent, fluent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent telephone manners
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Keen to learn new technology
- Outgoing Team player = able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and able to work to deadlines
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office suite
- Flexibility with working hours and able and prepared to travel (occasionally outside the UK) , stay away overnight and occasionally work at nights and weekends
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with the background of Automation project engineering. In return for your experience, this Oxford based company will offer you:
- Permanent Contract
- Salary Range: £38,000 to £40,000 per annum basic, 21% yearly bonus, £6000 per annum car allowance with business and personal mileage paid.
- Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday, overtime paid at premium
- Location: Home Based role – Oxford Area
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience of Project engineering within automation and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the project engineer position, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.