£Highly Competitive Rate
We are looking an experienced Service Evaluation Repair Process (SERP) Engineer to join a leading automotive manufacturer in the West Midlands. To apply you need to have worked as a SERP Engineer.
As Service Evaluation Repair Process (SERP) engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- The assessment and development of Vehicle and Powertrain programme design proposals through the virtual series gateways to ensure they meet our attribute requirements and targets.
- Focussed on customer satisfaction, you'll strive to achieve warranty cost reduction, minimisation of maintenance and repair costs, and maintain product reputation.
- Working early in a product design life cycle, you'll carry out feasibility assessments to understand the serviceability of the product or programme from an efficiency of repair perspective. You'll represent the service organisation when there is a significant concern or issue in the design engineering communities.
- Generating technical reports based upon these assessments and working with service specialists to feedback potential serviceability issues to the vehicle designers.
- Project-managing SERP participation in the product development life-cycle.
This role will provide you with an exciting opportunity to experience whole vehicle engineering and provide exposure to the key areas that influence vehicle development.
You will have:
- Excellent whole vehicle knowledge and a good working knowledge of vehicles and vehicle systems, along with an understanding of the latest vehicle technologies.
- Alongside effective communication skills, you'll possess excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
- With a good level of IT literacy and using MS tool skillsets, you'll be required to analyse and present data.
- Use of CAD and CAD visualisation tools are and key tasks in day to day activities
- You'll need the ability to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment along with the ability to work closely with design and development teams to find appropriate and robust solutions.
- A Degree level in an appropriate technical discipline along with good automotive serviceability knowledge (preferred) or significant relevant experience.
- The perfect candidate will have experience in Electric vehicles SERP assessment.
Rates - negotiable (depending on experience); 40 hours per week.
Duration of contract - 3 months rolling / minimum 12 month contract
Notice period - 2 weeks.
To apply please send your CV to Rachel Meacham at Jonlee - email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.